Terms of Service
Terms of Service governing the use of Hire Aiva by end users
Last Updated February 8, 2017
1. CONTRACTING PARTY. Effective August 1, 2016, Deckspire, and its successors and assigns, is the sole contracting party liable for any obligations to you under this Agreement if you are a customer within the United States. By continuing visiting the Website, using the Services, and/or making payments for the use of the Website and/or the Services, you agree that the only party liable to you under this Agreement is Company Inc., its successors and assigns.
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES. The services provided by Company consist of a chat based customer relationship management tool for real estate professionals and include other services and tools offered by Company from time to time which you have selected and which are subject to supplemental terms (together the “Services”). The Services enable you as a customer to do the following: manage your contacts, tasks, activities, and related information in a database and request concierge services such as placing printing and mailing orders. Other services and tools made available by Company have the properties and capabilities set out in the associated supplemental terms.
3. ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. The Services, together with the Deckspire.com and HireAiva.com website and domain name and any other linked pages, features, content, or application services offered from time to time by Company (collectively, the “Website”), are owned and operated by Company. Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Company Content (as defined below). Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the Website, or by sending you a notice via email or postal mail. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Your use of the Services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified. You represent and warrant to Company that: (i) you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and you are at least 13 years or age or older; (ii) all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful; and (iii) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use and access the Services and take full responsibility for the selection and use of and access to the Services. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
4. COMPANY CONTENT. The Website, the Services, and their contents may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All materials displayed or performed on the Website or in the Services, including, but not limited to text, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations (also known as the “Company Content,”) are protected by copyright. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Company Content accessed through the Services, and shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Company Content or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right. You may download or copy the Company Content (and other items displayed on the Website or Services for download) for personal non-commercial use only (unless provided for otherwise in supplemental terms), provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Company Content. You shall not store any significant portion of any Company Content in any form. Copying or storing of any Company Content other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company or from the copyright holder identified in such Company Content’s copyright notice. If you link to the Website, Company may revoke your right to so link at any time, at Company’s sole discretion.
7. RESTRICTIONS. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your right to access or use the Services. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any other user of the Services. Use of the Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material (including material that may be considered threatening or obscene), or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. You will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged on to the Website, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of or place an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure. Further, the use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any page of the Website is strictly prohibited. You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of the Services. You will be responsible for withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services. You acknowledge that all Company Content and Your Content (together, “Content”) accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom. Under no circumstances will Company be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, including without limitation reports generated by the Services, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Content posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services. You, not Company, remain solely responsible for all Content, including messages, that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Services. You acknowledge and agree that your indemnity obligation in Section 11 also applies to any third party claims relating to your disclosure of any third party personally identifiable information or the tracking of visitors (including without limitation your end user customers) on your website.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to websites or applications containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. Company makes no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Services. THE SERVICES CONTENT, WEBSITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. REGISTRATION AND SECURITY. As a condition to using some aspects of the Services, you may be required to register with Company and set a password and user name (“User ID”). You shall provide Company with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not (i) select or use as a User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; or (ii) use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. Company reserves the right to refuse registration of or cancel a User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password.
11. INDEMNITY. You will indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Services, use of the Services, your violation of this Agreement or applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your use of the Services, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (I) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE 6-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE APPLICABLE CLAIM; (II) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; (III) FOR DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR (IV) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND COMPANY’S REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. FEES AND PAYMENT. Company reserves the right to require payment of fees for certain or all Services. You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Website in connection with such Services selected by you. Company reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, upon notice to you, which may be sent by email or posted on the Website. Your use of the Services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.
14. TAXES. “Taxes” means all taxes, levies, imposts, duties, fines or similar governmental assessments imposed by any jurisdiction, country or any subdivision or authority thereof including, but not limited to federal, state or local sales, VAT, GST, use, property, excise, service, transaction, privilege, occupation, gross receipts or similar taxes, in any way connected with this Agreement or agreement required hereunder, and all interest, penalties or similar liabilities with respect thereto, except such taxes imposed on or measured by a party’s net income. All prices, fees and other charges payable under this Agreement or agreement ancillary to or referenced by this Agreement, shall not include any Taxes. You agree to bear and be responsible for all such Taxes. You shall make all payments required without deduction of any Taxes, except as required by law, in which case the amount payable shall be increased as necessary so that after making any required deductions and withholdings, Company receives and retains (free from any liability for payment of Taxes) an amount equal to the amount it would have received had no such deductions or withholdings been made. If you are a tax-exempt entity or claims exemption from any Taxes under this Agreement, you shall provide a certificate of exemption upon execution of this Agreement and, after receipt of valid evidence of exemption, Company shall not charge you any Taxes from which it is exempt. Without limiting the foregoing, all references to payments made in this Agreement are exclusive of any VAT, GST or other consumption taxes (collectively, “VAT”) chargeable and where required by law, VAT shall be itemized at the rate applicable, if any, and paid in addition thereto. You shall communicate to Company your VAT identification number(s) attributed by (i) the country where you have established your business, and/or (ii) any other country where you have established a fixed establishment, to which the Services under this Agreement are provided. Company shall consider the Services under this Agreement to be for your business use and provided to the location(s) of you in accordance with the provided VAT identification number(s). You shall comply with all applicable tax laws and regulations, and you shall provide Company all necessary assistance to facilitate the recovery or refund of any VAT paid by Company in relation to the Services to the respective government or authority. You hereby agree to indemnify Company for any Taxes and related costs paid or payable by Company attributable to Taxes that would have been your responsibility under this section if invoiced to you. You shall promptly pay or reimburse Company for all costs and damages related to any liability incurred by Company as a result of your non-compliance or delay with its responsibilities herein. Your obligation under this section shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
15. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Services may contain links to third party websites or services (“Third Party Websites”) that are not owned or controlled by Company. When you access Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
16. TERMINATION. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. You may terminate your use of the Services at any time. Company may terminate or suspend your access to the Services or your membership at any time, for any reason, and without warning, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. Company may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Website immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services, access the Website, and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
17. MISCELLANEOUS. The failure of either party to exercise, in any respect, any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Company’s prior written consent. Company may transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement and its rights and obligations without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Company in any respect whatsoever. Headings for each section have been included above for your convenience, but such headings do not have any legal meaning, and may not accurately reflect the content of the provisions they precede.
18. ARBITRATION; GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration in New York County, New York, using the English language in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the New York County, New York. Any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis: class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND COMPANY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
19. CONTACT. If you have any questions, complaints, or claims with respect to the Services, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Effective: August 1, 2016